With over 40 years professional experience Terra Firma (Wales) Ltd provides expertise in the following fields:
- Geotechnical and geo-environmental desk studies
- Planning and implementation of site investigations
- Contamination assessments
- Factual and interpretive geotechnical and geo-environmental reports.
- Geotechnical design and analysis
- Assessment of the risk of ground subsidence from shallow mine workings, including design, supervision and certification of stabilisation works
- Design, supervision and certification of remediation of contaminated land
- Design, supervision and certification of large scale earthworks projects
- Soil waste classification
Modern Slavery Statement For Financial Year 2017/18
This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Terra Firma (Wales) Ltd has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. Terra Firma (Wales) Ltd has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
Our business [Insert brief description of business and where it operates. Include sector, any international operations, and number of suppliers.]
Our policies We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Anti-slavery policy. This policy sets out the organisation’s stance on modern slavery and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
Our suppliers Terra Firma (Wale) Ltd] operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. This due diligence includes an online search to ensure that particular organisation has never been convicted of offenses relating to modern.
Training We regularly conduct training for our procurement/buying teams so that they understand the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place within our supply chain.
Our performance indicators We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if:
No reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified.